header1

header1

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

All About Me

This school year started the adventure of being a room mom in Noahs Pre-K 4 class. This is the 3rd school year Noah has been in Miss Grimes class, and when I heard we were a few weeks into the school year and still no one had volunteered, I immediately signed up! Miss Grimes has been such a blessing to Noah and I was hoping this could be  a way to give back!

Now, do I have any idea as to what I'm doing? Maybe not! But the PTA and room mom brainstorm meetings sure do help! With Christmas around the corner I wanted to share what I have learned so far.

So, at the beginning of the year its the room moms responsibility to put together the class directory. This really is a great resource for parents, especially when it comes to mailing Christmas cards or birthday invites (you are not allowed to send either with your child into school). Here is the template I used:



Once all the parents filled their child's form out, I then made photo copies of each, making a packet for each family.

You will also need to know what each family is able to contribute to the class. You can not ask for money from your families but you can ask for supplies, snacks and their time. This is the form I used to help figure out who I could call based on the classrooms need:


I then made a form for the Teacher and each supportive staff to fill out (parapros, therapists, etc.) I also included a copy of these into each students classroom directory.


And then finally I thought it would be a good idea for the parents to help their little ones fill out an "All About Me" worksheet for their new teacher. I like this one:



Stayed tuned for more on my adventures of a first time room mom!