header1

header1

Monday, November 26, 2012

Buckeyes!


Do you know why Ohio States trees lean to the east?
'Cause Pittsburgh sucks and Michigan blows.

There's a little humor for ya :)

-Brutus The Buckeye

In honor of Ohio State beating Michigan and having a 12-0 season thus far, I thought I would post my recipe for Buckeyes! You are not a North Eastern Ohio resident until you have eatin' one (or a few) of these delicious candies. Named for the resemblance to the nut of a buckeye tree, this candy is indigenous to the state of Ohio. Not a holiday party or football gathering went by that did not have these on the table. Having been in Georgia for a year and a half now my taste buds were starting to miss these. So, for the first time ever, I made them myself.  And I must say, It was so comforting to eat :) I hope all my new Georgia friends try this recipe out and that my old Ohio friends are proud of my first time attempt!

You will need:
6 oz Bag of semisweet chocolate
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1.5 cups of powdered sugar

In a bowl, combine peanut butter, melted butter and sugar.
Mix together until it makes a smooth but firm dough.
(You may need to use your hands to make sure its completely mixed)
Form into tablespoon sized balls.
Its suggested to place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet, however i just put them directly on the baking sheet and it was fine.
Freeze them for about 10 minutes or so.
While they are freezing, melt your chocolate per instructions.
Using a tooth pic, dip each peanut butter ball partially into the chocolate.
Remove tooth pic and smooth over the hole left by tooth pic.
(You can use a little peanut butter to smooth over the hole if need be) (I forgot to take a pic after this step, oops)
Return to the baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Its best to keep them stored in the fridge until your ready to serve.

O-H-I-O!
GO BUCKS!