header1

header1

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Banner


I went through all my old Christmas cards the other day and reminisced (my favorite). I had quite a few and wanted to use them in my decor, so I decided to make another (yes, another!) burlap banner. Here it is:




I picked out cards that had a similar color scheme. For these I did red and green (I had a lot of blue and gold cards as well).  I sized out my triangles and then using Modge Podge glued them to the burlap triangles. I stacked books on top of triangles until it was dried to prevent curling. I used a whole punch and red sheer ribbon to lace through. Super cute! The second banner is simply velvet ribbon with JOY written with a Sharpie on the burlap. I like the overlapping look of the two.
As for my chalk board sign, I made that a while back. I change the phrases to go with the seasons. Its nothing more than a piece of plywood painted with chalk board paint and some scrap burlap.
:)