header1

header1

Friday, December 21, 2012

Mason Jar Snow Globe


I love, love, LOVE Anthropologie... HOWEVER, I do NOT love their PRICES!
I fell in love with the pins on Pinterest floating around with other peoples versions.... so I decided to make my own:
 
I collected my jars that I have been saving. Ran them through the dish washer and with a little vegetable oil and a rag I removed all labels and residue left behind.  I bought little bottle brush trees and tiny winter figurines from Walmart. I sized them out on my lids to be sure each would fit and used a hot glue gun to glue them to the lid.
I used white glitter for the snow. I used about an inch of glitter in each jar.
Then with some burlap and red ribbon I made a cover for the lids. Using a hot glue gun, I secured the burlap onto the lids. 
Once the burlap was tied down, I then trimmed it so I didn't have too much hanging over.
 
And done! $40.00 for one Anthropologie Jar, $12.00 for all 8 of mine! *Pats self on back*